Investigate biomedical research in DC and Baltimore with Dr. Randy Wadkins during Maymester. Learn more about this Study USA class here.
- Receive first-hand instruction in how biomedical science is conducted at premier private and government agencies
- Meet with student peer groups and professors at other institutions to develop a research project
- Visit selected laboratories at sites in Baltimore
- Visit the offices of federal elected officials in Washington, D.C., to understand their science policies and how government funding relates to national research and development efforts
- Visit the National Library of Medicine and the National Academy of Sciences museum
Students will spend one week in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore followed by one week on campus in Oxford.
Students will spend May 10-15, 2015, in Baltimore and D.C., then spend May 18-23, 2015, on campus.
Students will make their own arrangements to and from Washington, D.C.
Program cost is $1,195 plus tuition. Included in the cost are housing, a group meal, tours, group ground transportation, and museum admission fees. Study USA application fee, tuition, airfare, meals other than the group dinners, class supplies, and personal spending money are excluded from the course fee.
* Itinerary subject to change.
* Students should wait to make travel arrangements after confirming dates and times with instructor.